Nom Nom - Homemade "Healthy" Ice Cream


My family and I have been trying to eat better lately, but I have a major sweet tooth and a lack of willpower when it comes to sweets - especially ice cream! When I saw this easy and lighter ice cream recipe, I wanted to try it out with JT and it turned out great! And with this recipe, no ice cream maker is needed!
The original recipe calls for canned coconut milk (which probably would have been great!), but I did not have any and the closest grocery store was out, so I ended up using the almond milk I had on hand - it still turned out tasty!

Homemade "Healthy" Ice Cream Recipe:

  • 1/2 cup almond milk (or canned coconut milk)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
  • Rock Salt (on salt aisle in grocery store)
  • Ice cubes
  • 1 gallon size freezer bag
  • 1 quart or sandwich size freezer bag
Instructions:

1. Mix honey, milk, and vanilla in the smaller freezer bag and seal.
2. Fill bottom of larger freezer bag with rock salt and ice.
3. Add smaller bag to larger bag and seal.
4. Shake for 10-20 minutes (until frozen into ice cream texture).
5. Enjoy! 

* Makes one 1/2 cup serving.




This ice cream turned out tasty and I had less guilt about indulging! ;) 

Comments

Popular Posts